Everyone needs a little help with their self-esteem from time to time. Often times we don’t even know it!
You would think that Christians would have all the self-esteem they need. Unfortunately, our self-esteem can take a beating on a regular basis, and we can benefit from these powerful reminders from the scriptures of who we are and what we’re capable of in Christ.
These 21 Christian affirmations for self-esteem come with a handy scripture reference in most cases, to help you see the affirmation in its original biblical context.
I’ve also provided a link to a YouTube recording below, if you would like to listen to a guided walk through of the affirmations.
Before you begin reciting these affirmations, you may find it helpful to take a deep cleansing breath. As you recite them, declare them powerfully with conviction.
- I am created in the image of God, the image of perfection
- I am created to rule over God’s creation
- I am crowned with glory and honor
- I have a lot to offer
(1 Peter 4:10)
- I can overcome any obstacle with God
- It’s okay to feel weak. When I’m weak, then I’m strong
(2 Corinthians 12:10)
- I am strong in the Lord and in his incredible power
- I can do all things through him who gives me strength
- I have a spirit of power, love and self-discipline
(2 Timothy 1:7)
- The Spirit at work within me is greater than the spirit in the world
(1 John 4:4)
- I am deeply loved for who I am and not what I do
- I am incredibly valuable because Jesus gave his life for me
- I am more valuable than a whole flock of sparrows
- Jesus declares me righteous and redeemed
(2 Corinthians 5:21, Colossians 1:13–14)
- Jesus is not ashamed of me
- I am so special to God, he even knows how many hairs I have
- I am highly favored
- I am a royal priest
(1 Peter 2:9)
- I am a member of God’s royal family
- I love and respect myself for who I am right now
- I am the only me there is